Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do you think it is right my school does this?

I go to an e-school (the name of which I will not divulge) and they lack a See You At The Pole (SYATP). SYATP is an annual event practiced world-wide in schools where all the Christian students in a school gather around the flag pole and pray for the school the country, individual needs, etc. I was in Student Council last year and lobbied (as best as I could with an un-supportive teacher) for a SYATP. The teacher wouldn't send in my first proposal (citing the first ammendment, of all things) so i sent in a proposal to allow a SYATP at different times, online locations, etc. for any religion that wants one. She claims she sent it on, but that was before Christmas and I never heard back from the principal. Any ideas on what's holding everything up, what I can do about it, etc? I'm going to try again this year and want to be well-prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment